24 thoughts on “41 8th Avenue

1. prior.. 2017-01-19 / 7:36 am

so mice to see the color and b and w
    and I like the lamps too.
    but the biggest difference I noticed is that the mono first photo seems to hide the AC unit top right. In the color version it stands out more…
    but can barely see it in the first – hmmmm

• Sherry Felix 2017-01-19 / 10:31 pm

It’s an optical thing. The light and dark are the same in both images. It’s the color that separates.

2. sustainabilitea 2017-01-19 / 9:07 am

I have to go with the color in this instance, Sherry, as the red/orange of the brick and the black of almost everything else is such a lovely contrast.

janet

3. carol1945 2017-01-19 / 9:17 am

I like the title, I like the doors and lamps, and I like both images. Oh, did I say I like the window too? What is that ruffled decoration around it?

4. Vicky 2017-01-19 / 5:02 pm

A rather nice tableau of doors and peripherals Sherry, all beautifully toned…

5. Norm 2.0 2017-01-19 / 6:38 pm

Nice shot Sherry. I like those lamps too. With that light I do prefer the color version though. It makes the red of the brick stand out.

• Sherry Felix 2017-01-19 / 6:51 pm

Thanks Norm. It’s interesting getting opinions on which one folks like and why.

6. Indah Susanti 2017-01-20 / 12:13 pm

I like both images – the black and white gives strong “oldies” look while the colored image gives feeling of colorful life.

7. Jet Eliot 2017-01-20 / 1:30 pm

Lovely little shop behind this door and window, Sherry. I’m glad you supplied the link, and I’m glad I wasn’t at the tempting threshold because wow do those cakes ever look good; via photo/link is less caloric. Inviting façade, great photos…I especially like the color one.

• Sherry Felix 2017-01-21 / 3:23 pm

I love the meringues and the brioche once a year. Too costly and too many calories.