17 thoughts on “Seed Pods, Greenwich Village 11/26/2014

1. Blanca 2014-11-28 / 9:25 am

Your use of light, tecnique to fade and soften edges bringing what you desire into focus is well done. You have a gift continue to share the beauty you capture and create. Wonderful. I could look at them forever.

2. Carmen Hicks 2014-11-28 / 10:44 am

A mutual friend of ours, told me to look at your photos on WordPress.com All the photos were breath taking. Thanks for sharing!

3. Shirl. 2014-11-28 / 9:21 pm

Excellent mate.

4. Barbara Mullin 2014-11-28 / 11:58 pm

The image is intriguing….and I love the colors..I would like to see the pods off center. T he image seems too static the way they are positioned..though there’s a lot of movement created by the colors alone ..

• port4u 2014-11-29 / 5:34 am

The composition is a V. The eye goes from top left pod, down then diagonaly up. I tried cloning in extra space on the right and top which did not change the image or how it works. Comment appreciated. I’ll think abut it some more. I’d better get back to the writing part today.

• bob 2014-11-30 / 4:09 pm

interesting, I am not sure I like the left pod there. I think the stem would have led the eye into the others. I find the background colors are too similar to the pods. Therefore the pods don’t stand out as much

• port4u 2014-11-30 / 5:16 pm

Bob, I seriously thought about your comment. I tried changing background to lighter, darker, and changed the hue. It did not look right with the pods detached form the background. It changed the emotional feel of the picture entirely. I wanted the pods to merge with the background a bit, almost as if they are lost in outer space. I like the muted colors and ethereal gold glow. I went back to the original. Thanks for the input. Worth a try!

5. Christian Benjamin 2014-11-29 / 12:47 pm

Love this one. The warm light glowing against a winter-like background somehow gives them life. Clinging for life and hope for the future that their seeds will bring.

6. Christine May 2014-11-29 / 1:08 pm

All of your photos are BREATHTAKING!!! I especially like your photos of animals. My girlfriend has 5 cats and my grandkids have two dogs and They love them when I forward them to them

7. Anne Lazarus 2014-12-11 / 8:42 am

I likw the contrast between the leaves and the background. It gives a lovely ethereal look, and at the same time highlights the leaves. It captures my attention, and it quite beautiful. Both pictures are lovely.

8. marilyn park 2014-12-11 / 2:11 pm

I love them both but the first version transports me into a dream state even more.

• port4u 2014-12-12 / 6:01 am

You see my vision. Thanks Marilyn. In version 2 making the pods stand out from the background changes the mood of the image and destroys my intent. I wanted to try the suggested edit and see if anyone noticed this, and you did.

9. Lee Gaywood 2014-12-12 / 9:56 pm

The first one, its has warmth!

10. Cathy 2015-01-03 / 9:31 pm

Sherry, I think I like the first one best too.

11. eileen tamplin 2015-01-12 / 11:04 am

think version two. But both good