Georgia

My darling niece. It is hard to say this. She is gone. Our family is in shock over the sudden loss. Georgia’s anguish was too much for her to bear and she decided to end her time on Earth. She was a fun loving, vibrant, and caring girl. This is evident in her pictures. The few hours I spent with Georgia is worth a lifetime. Perhaps because I am a mother, I feel her loss more than my mother’s, who passed in October 2018. Georgia and her brother, Benjamin were very close and, I feel for him too. So many young lives are lost to suicide. We do our best; unfortunately, not all can be saved. Georgia is at peace now. Having these pictures helps me to treasure her memory.

Her uncle Marc wrote: “To paraphrase Elton John, ‘How wonderful when Georgia was in this world.’ Now there is a wound in my heart that will take a long time to heal.”

38 thoughts on “Georgia

1. Junieper2 2019-09-19 / 5:12 pm

Sorry Sherry that i have to miss her! Also am sorry that no one close to her that she was depressed, and had lost her way in life. What a great tribute you’re giving her in posting all her images throughout her life. She was a beautiful girl – what a loss.

• Sherry Felix 2019-09-20 / 6:35 am

She was seeing a professional about her depression. Sometimes that is not enough. Thank you for your sympathy.

2. rosemaylily2014 2019-09-15 / 4:02 am

So very sorry for your tragic loss Sherry – sincere condolences to you and your family. Such beautiful and poignant photos, take care X

3. Sue (Mac's Girl) 2019-09-13 / 10:46 am

So very sorry for your loss, Sherry. Beautiful pictures that speak of some very happy memories.

4. TCast 2019-09-12 / 5:48 am

Your niece is absolutely gorgeous! So sorry to hear of your sudden loss, Sherry.

5. eileen 2019-09-10 / 12:14 pm

Oh Sherry I am sitting in the library sobbing my heart out. She was such a delightful child. My heart goes out to you all. Eileen

6. derrickjknight 2019-09-10 / 11:35 am

No wonder you have needed uplifting. You know I can identify to some extent

7. Marie 2019-09-10 / 3:20 am

Gone too soon. My sympathies.

8. Trini Lind 2019-09-09 / 11:35 pm

She is stunning! I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s hard to imagine someone choosing to leave this world, but we just never know what someone goes through on the inside. Sometimes life can be so unbearably painful that shedding the human skin and leaving for a better place is the only option. I am sending you all my love and comforting energy. What a beautiful niece you had, dear Sherry. 💖 I’m so sorry she is no longer with us.

9. Jet Eliot 2019-09-09 / 2:12 pm

Oh Sherry, how utterly heartbreaking for you and all your family. Thank you for sharing the photos, your niece was so full of life, how tragic. Sending my deepest condolences.

10. Carl 2019-09-09 / 1:20 pm

Dear Sherry – I am so sorry to hear this news and sending my thoughts to you and Marc as you deal with everything. Your pictures, along with Marc’s thoughts, are beautiful in perfect concert with Georgia’s own beautiful soul.

11. Linda Atkins 2019-09-09 / 12:38 pm

Dear Sherry I am very sad for the loss of your niece. I would imagine her anguish as you said must have been unbearable. I am sad for you and for all who knew and loved her. I thought Marc’s words paraphrasing Elton John were particularly beautiful as they speak so elegantly of the joy and sorrow. Lots of love to you and your family. Linda

12. Anne Sandler 2019-09-09 / 11:52 am

My thoughts go out to you and your family. May her memory be a blessing for all of you.