16 thoughts on “Lamp at City Hall

1. Trini Lind 2016-11-29 / 7:33 pm

Oh, I adore Old Street lamps too!! They always remind me of Narnia! I used to watch the old BBC series of Narnia when I was a kid, and from that, all street lamps became magical! 😊😊😊. This one is gorgeous!

• Sherry Felix 2016-11-29 / 11:03 pm

Thanks. Narnia! I loved that story. We had a huge wardrobe with a fur coat in it. I used to hide in the wardrobe for hours 🙂

• Trini Lind 2016-11-29 / 11:06 pm

Oh, how very very magical!!! 🙂 I wish I had a wardrobe like that 🙂 🙂 My granny has a small one though, with dresses, and it goes very deep into the wall, and when you knock it at the back it is hollow! How many times I didn’t dream there was a magic country inside it when I was little! ;-D

• Sherry Felix 2016-11-29 / 11:09 pm

Nice to ahare stories that inspired us to dream.

• Trini Lind 2016-11-29 / 11:11 pm

Yes, yes it is! 🙂 🙂 ❤

2. Barbara Bryan 2016-11-29 / 9:49 pm

Very nice photo! Lamplighter? I didn’t know you were from the 19th century! England must have been way behind the USA with street lights! No?

• Sherry Felix 2016-11-29 / 10:57 pm

Thanks. In post-war London many small streets had gaslights. There were a few in Manhattan until very recently.

3. BeckyB 2016-11-30 / 2:25 am

We recently stayed in a house where they had working gaslights and the pub near my Mum still uses them!

4. derrickjknight 2016-11-30 / 6:01 am

I remember the lamplighter in the lanes behind London’s Leadenhall Street in the early 1960s

5. Jet Eliot 2016-12-02 / 10:25 am

Fantastic image, Sherry, I love how the light is sending out rays. Enjoyed the lamplighting reverie too. This post reminded me of that old 1940s movie with Ingrid Bergman and Joseph Cotton called “Gaslight.” It’s where the term “gaslighting” originated. Fun post.

• Sherry Felix 2016-12-02 / 2:32 pm

That’s a creepy movie. I had forgotten about that term. I painted in the rays. 🙂