25 thoughts on “Grand Manan PO Door

1. Norm 2.0 2016-09-01 / 7:53 am

I love it! A gorgeous shot of a beautiful building. Thanks for sharing this one 🙂

2. Barbara Bryan 2016-09-01 / 8:02 am

Why is it that when I click on the Comment button a (new to me) photo of you flashes on screen and then disappears and I see no way to retrieve it – other than to click pm the Comment button again?

Nice little piece of history! The now-gift shop door is the one to the left, I assume.

Glad to have memories of the Bay of Fundy revived!

• Sherry Felix 2016-09-01 / 8:31 am

The store occupies most of the building. Both doors I think. The photo is my avatar and non-retrievable. I’ll send you one.

3. sustainabilitea 2016-09-01 / 9:00 am

That’s quite a building and one that on “a dark and stormy night” might look a bit ominous. 🙂

janet

4. circadianreflections 2016-09-01 / 4:07 pm

What a lovely building! I really like the brickwork and archways.

At first glance of the new photo of you I thought I was looking at my neighbor Tina! I had to stop and look longer. She’s a native New Yorker btw. There is a resemblance! 🙂 Both of you are beautiful ladies.

5. shopgirlanonymous 2016-09-01 / 4:38 pm

I love older architecture, so much more interestesting than boring, only what is necessary architecture that is more common today.

6. BeckyB 2016-09-02 / 2:26 am

Fabulous building – what is the metal construction in front?

7. Jet Eliot 2016-09-02 / 11:03 am

This photo says so much, Sherry. I really like it a lot, beautiful old building, tall weeds and disarray, Canadian flags. Fantastic.

8. restlessjo 2016-09-03 / 12:09 pm

Those were the days! Post offices disappear at an alarming rate and now it’s all ‘do it yourself’. 😦 Lovely old building. At least it’s still there. 🙂

• Sherry Felix 2016-09-03 / 12:18 pm

Hope they keep it. Looks like they will. Snail mail isn’t used as much any more.