Shakespearean Theater 1 Photo Focus

I used the photo by Nancy Merill of Adams Memorial Shakespearean Theater donated and created for this for the March One Photo Focus (AB Friday) challenge. I use many multiple layers in Photoshop; such as color inversions and overlays, brightening and darkening, etc. until it had the look I was after.

After

Shakespearean Theater edited by Sherry Felix source Nancy Merill
Shakespearean Theater edited by Sherry Felix source Nancy Merill

Before

Adams Memorial Shakespearean Theater by Nancy Merill
Adams Memorial Shakespearean Theater by Nancy Merill

8 thoughts on “Shakespearean Theater 1 Photo Focus

1. Prior-01 2016-03-04 / 9:15 am

Sherry – I really like how you lit up the building like this – and all of your other touches! I also appreciate what you did because I messed around with this image last week and because of that I was more familiar with the composition ! Nice work…..

• Sherry Lynn Felix 2016-03-04 / 9:49 am

Thanks you very much. My goodness, I what didn’t I use! I used find outlines. Adjustment layers: convert to gray scale, hue saturation, brightness and contrast. Blend modes like overlay. Layer duplication, etc. For the highlight a brightness contrast adjustment layer with only the light part white (to show) the rest black (to hide). I used masks throughout to isolate the areas I wanted to effect. And I added a spider web with a spider web brush in the lower right corner.

• Prior-01 2016-03-04 / 11:23 am

Oh I am coming back to see the spider web! And like i said – I know this image so well and so thx for sharing the things u did – I will be back later to check it more (mobile right now) and again – I LOve the light on the building!

2. Barbara Bryan 2016-03-04 / 11:07 pm

I think your image looks so much more “authentic” – like Shakespeare’s times!

• Sherry Lynn Felix 2016-03-05 / 5:22 am

Thank you. I didn’t stop messing with it until I felt it looked that way. I tried adding a ghost of Shakespeare but it didn’t work out.

3. syllabubsea 2016-03-05 / 3:08 am

Love the “Olde Worlde” feel of your edit.
    Marie